[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Canadian Immigrants

JSchu9014 at aol.com JSchu9014 at aol.com
Sat Jan 12 19:55:29 PST 2002

Hello everyone,
Can anyone tell me if immigrants entering Canada from the Volhynia area or
from anywhere in Europe had to complete some kind of form for the Canadian
government?  And if so, were all immigrants required to do this?  Although my
grandfather stayed in Edmonton for about four years, he then crossed the
boarder to enter the United States.  His brother stayed in Edmonton and later
moved to British Columbia.  If the German Volhynian people became citizens of
Canada, were there papers that had to be completed as there is in the United
States?  If so, is it possible to obtain copies of any of these papers even
if the person requesting the information is not a citizen of Canada?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Janice Schultz
jschu9014 at aol.com