[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Boese & Janz Genealogy

D. A. Reimer tbook at sasktel.net
Wed Aug 18 11:29:01 PDT 2004

Hello all,

I am new to the list and have noticed a few postings regarding Boese
genealogy in the archives. I have a Boese/Janz brick wall and am
wondering if there are any Boese or Janz researchers that may be able to
help me out.

My great grandmother was Helena Boese. b.1862. I have no clue as to
where or who her parents were. She married Andreas Janz sometime before
1886. They had eight children: Elizabeth, Sara, Suzanna, Abram, Henry,
Helena, Maria, Cornelius. At some point they moved to Podolsk in the Neu
Samara colony. Helena came to Canada in 1926 with her son Cornelius
Janz. She died in 1936 and is buried in Dalmany Sask.

Andreas Janz is another brick wall. I know he was born abt. 1860 and
died in 1920 at Podolsk, Neu Samara. Again, I have no idea where he was
born or who his parents were. Family lore says 'He came from Poland'.

My search for information has lead me to the Volhynia to find further
information on these two surnames.

Best
Dolores Reimer