[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Request from Germany

Jerry Frank GPVListAdmin at sggee.org
Thu Aug 26 10:24:24 PDT 2004

Below is a message from a correspondent in Germany.  If you can help,
please respond directly to her at wianco at web.de

---------------------------------
Rough translation:
Hello.

My name is Annette Mieske, 35 years old, married and from the region of
Hannover.  My husband and I have been interested in genealogy for the past
4 years.  My ancestors are from Kamin, West Prussia.

Now I find in the Catholic Church Book in Kamin, the following entry:

Death record:
20 Jan 1869, 28 years old, buried 25 Jan 1869 in Kamin
Joseph Mostowski, potter from Kamin (unsure about wohnhaft) context
suggests "originally from" Rawa, Poland
Announcer (person who reported the death):  Master potter Johann Mostowski
Survivors:  his wife Viktoria nee Barozynska and 1 child Johann.

In a baptism record from the year 1869, a godparent (witness) is shown as
Franz Mostowski, master potter from Rawa, Polen.  A year later this Franz
Mostowski is shown as an oven fabricator.

Where can I get more information about this oven fabricator?  Is there
possibly a list of residents for the town of Rawa Mazowiecka?  Are Catholic
Church Books available (for Rawa)?

I am very thankful for any help.

The names I am researching:
Mostowski, Barski, Theuss, Zaremba, Mallek, Dyllick, Saydak . . .

>Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 18:47:00 +0200
>From: wianco <wianco at web.de>
>Subject: Neues Mitglied
>
>Hallo,
>
>mein Name ist Annette Mieske, 35Jahre, verheiratet und komme aus der Naehe
>von Hannover. Mein Mann und ich beschaeftigen uns seit ca. 4 Jahren mit
>der Familienforschung. Meine Vorfahren vaeterlicherseits kommen aus KAMIN
>/ Westpreussen.
>
>Nun fand im kath. Kirchenbuch Kamin folgendene Eintraege:
>
>Sterbeeintrag:
>20.01.1869 28Jahre Beerdigung am 25.01.1869 in Kamin
>Joseph MOSTOWSKI Toepfer aus Kamin wohnhaft in RAWA in Polen
>Anzeigender: der Toepfermeister Johann MOSTOWSKI
>Hinterbliebene: die Frau VIKTORIA geb. BAROZYNSKA und 1 Kind JOHANN
>
>In einem Taufeintrag aus dem Jahr 1869 war ein FRANZ MOSTOWSKI
>Toepfermeister aus RAWA in Polen Taufzeuge. Ein Jahr spaeter war dieser
>FRANZ MOSTOWSKI bereits  OFENFABRIKANT.
>Wo kann ich Informationen |ber diesen Ofenfabrikanten erhalten? Gibt es
>evtl. Einwohnerlisten f|r den Ort RAWA (Mazowicka?). Sind die
>Kirchenbuecher (kath.) noch erhalten?
>Bin fuer jeden Hinweis dankbar.
>
>MfG
>Annette Mieske
>
>Die Namen nach denen ich suche:
>MOSTOWSKI, BARSKI, THEUSS, ZAREMBA, MALLEK, DYLLiCK,

Jerry Frank - List Administrator for [Ger-Poland-Volhynia]
GPVListAdmin at sggee.org
http://www.sggee.org/listserv.html