[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] RE: Location of the village of Popomusz

Alfred Kroll akroll at davtv.com
Sun Aug 29 12:38:23 PDT 2004

On Sunday, August 29, 2004, at 03:00  PM,
ger-poland-volhynia-request at eclipse.sggee.org wrote:

> I am trying to locate the village of Popomusz, Ruspia.
>
> The village of Popomusz, Ruspia is listed as the birth place of Eduard
> Fenske
> in the immigration records, Ellis Island.  Date of immigration is June
> 19,
> 1912.
>
> Jerry Frank has tried to locate it for me but had not been able to
> locate it.
> Has anyone heard of this villiage?
>
> Herschuel Howell

Per your question regarding the village of Popomusz, Ruspia, I checked
the Ellis Island records for Eduard Fenske. I found that he arrived in
New York on June 19, 1912 as you indicated but the record shows he came
from Witaszyn, Ruspia, not Popomusz. The record indicates the Witaszyn
is near Plock. I never heard of Ruspia. Perhaps it was meant to be
Russian Poland. Eduard's destination appeared to be Bridgeport,
Connecticut.

Al Kroll