[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: 1915 Deportation

GVLESS at aol.com GVLESS at aol.com
Tue Jul 6 16:30:52 PDT 2004

I have noticed recently that we always refer to the date of the deportation
out of Volhynia as 1915.  For my story I sent to this listserv a few days ago I
have the Anna Less Schoenrock-Unrau family info saying they were forced off
their land as early as the Fall of 1913.  And that Anna was pregnant at the
time.  Her son Julius then was born in Kaluga in January 1914 soon after they
arrived there.  Then I have received a story from someone else to add to the
collection of Life in Volhynia Stories I am collecting for SGGEE saying that for
them it was the Fall of 1914.  So what year is the correct one?  Or did some
have to leave earlier than others?  To call this the Deportatiion of 1915 may
not be the correct year to use.  What do others think?

Virginia Less