[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Prepaid Research through the Central Archives of Historical Records in Warsaw

MomDotts at aol.com MomDotts at aol.com
Mon Mar 29 17:23:45 PST 2004

WOW!

I just received a letter from the archives in Warsaw... They located my
grandfather's birth records.  In addition, they did give me the names of his
parents.

The are requesting a prepaid fee of $34 to start the research.  In addition,
they are requesting $17 to do the research.  They indicate this fee must be
"paid in your bank".  They give me a bank number, as well as an address to send
the fees to.  Finally, I have to send a copy of the letter they sent to me
back to them.

Has anyone else ever done this before?  Please advise as to how this should
be done.

I am so excited.  I have been trying to locate records on my grandfather for
nearly 7 years!  Rudolf Pallas, was born in Volhynia (Mathildow / Matyldow).
His parents were Carl Pallas & Caroline Pfeifer.  Amazingly so, the name was
not changed when he came to the states!

They indicate in their letter to me they have records from Rozyszcze parishe
- birth & marriage (1862 - 1899) and death records (1862 - 1898).  Hope this
all of you a little light at the end of the tunnel... I was told many years ago
that I needed patience.  Wow, did I need a lot of it.  This all started by
sending the archives an e-mail looking for information about 4 months ago!

Good luck to all of you on your genealogical endeavors!

If you know how to send the money, please e-mail me.  I can't wait to get
started!

Barbara