[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] godparents and witnesses to baptisms

Ohgrmtns at aol.com Ohgrmtns at aol.com
Tue May 30 10:47:38 PDT 2006

I received some information that has lead me down a path of reasoning. I am
hoping that it is correct. So, does anyone know if there was a
custom/tradition  related to the choosing of godparents? Where they family? Good family
friends?
Did the same pertain to the witnesses of a baptism?

Kristen FEIFERT Clark

Researching : (P)FEIFERT, STIEBNER,  NEUBERT, KOCHAN
Searching: Nedbajewka, Rohrbach(Berjozowka), Gruental,  Kutuzowka, Lublin