[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Lange/Pries/Gurel/Schindler/Pudel Families

Gary Gomes ggomes at soundviewnet.com
Tue Jan 30 17:50:27 PST 2007

I am new to this list and seeking help in identifying my Eastern European
heritage.

My grandparents and their "extended" family migrated from Russian Poland to
the Ebenezer/Yorkton Saskatchewan, Canada area in the 1885 - 1910 timeframe.

I have been able to find passenger records on some of them who traveled from
Hamburg and have bits and pieces of often conflicting information on their
European homes - seemingly in the Lublin/Volynia area.

My gg grandparents on one side were Andrew Lange (b abt 1824) and Christina
Gurel (b 1834) (Christina came via Hamburg in 1891); there children included
Christian, Julia (married Daniel Schindler), Christina (married TBD Pudel)
and Louisa (married Andreis Gurel).  Christian married a Teofila
Malaschevski (sp) and had three children Edmunda (married Elwood Worden),
Edmund and my grandfather Emil Lange - this family migrated to Canada in
January 1891 and my grandfather was born in Winnipeg Jan 1891), en route to
Saskatchewan.

My grandmother, Lena Pries, was born July 1901 and migrated with her parents
Edward Pries and Caroline Gurel Pries, twin sister Olga (married Rynholt
Breen) and brother Paul Pries (married Annie Hetterle) about 1908.  Lena's
older sister Martha had preceded the rest of the family in about 1904 and
married Benjamin Schindler (Daniel's son).  Lena's oldest brother Rudolph
migrated later.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated

Gary