[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Gottfried Krueger

Richard Stein ra_stein at telus.net
Thu Oct 11 13:23:30 PDT 2007

Rose and Antje,

The Gottfried Krueger death record of 1819 is from Skulsk Catholic parish.
I did the extractions for that parish and was uncertain about the surname of
Gottfried's mother because the records were inconsistent.  The surname was
difficult to read and looked like "Poleski", "Paluski", and "Polsin" in
three different records.  Recently, I have been doing the extractions from
Slesin Catholic parish where the Polish equivalent name "Polewski" is
written for the name "Pollej".  As a result, it is very likely that the
couple Michael Krueger / Elisabeth Pollej moved from Baranow to Mielnica
some time between Gottfried's birth on 21 Dec 1816 and his death on 4 Jun
1819.  They married on 4 Feb 1810 in Broniszewo Catholic parish and 3
children were born in Baranow, followed by 3 children in Mielnicak.
Elisabeth died at age 60 (doubtful accuracy, as other records indicate she
was born between 1788 and 1794) on 14 Dec 1829 in Mielnica.  Unfortunately,
Gottfried's death record does not state his age, and Elisabeth's death
record does not state her parents' names - both these factors would help
confirm Elisabeth's identity.

To answer Rose's question, Antje obtained the data from the pedigree
database.

Dick Stein