[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Location of Morkowie / Merkowie

Gary Warner gary at warnerengineering.com
Tue Sep 4 14:07:15 PDT 2007

Michael,

According to a Polish friend of mine, the record says that Merkowice or
Morkowice is the place you would find on a map, and that there is no
maiden name given in the record.

According to my other sources, Wojciech does not have a German
equivalent, but equates to Adalbert in English (I have nonetheless seen
it used for Albrecht).      Jerzy is the Polish version of the German Georg.

Gary Warner