[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Klein, Volhynia, Menzer

Michael Stockhausen michael.stockhausen.ff at web.de
Fri Jan 25 13:31:25 PST 2008

Steve,

Provided Martin Mincer and Rosine Appenzeller were actually Christian's
parents (I of course have not doubt that the information Al gave you is
correct), I can give you some more information on your ancestors:

Johann Martin MÜNZER (this is the correct German name, Mincer is just the
polonized version) was born about 1802, probably in Effingshausen = Starowa
Gora, just south of Lodz. He died there in 1844 (Pabianice Lutheran 1844
#27). Martin was a taylor. He and Rosine Appenzeller had 6 children: Johann,
Martin, Christian, Friedrich, Christine and Karoline.

His parents Michael MÜNZER and Christina ZIEGER came to "Suedpreussen" in
1800. They originated in Oberbaldingen near Villingen-Schwenningen in
Württemberg (SW Germany) and belonged to the Lutheran parish in Oefingen
(old name Effingen); like most of the first settlers in Effingshausen (that
is why this name was chosen).
My ancestor Friedrich Münzer, Martin's brother, was Michael's only son who
was still born SW Germany. So in other words, Johann Martin must have been
born in Suedpreussen/Poland.

All of Michael Münzer's family came from Oberbaldingen/Oefingen/Tuningen,
except for one greatgrandmother, who was from Switzerland.

Christine Zieger was born in Russberg near Tuttlingen. I don't very much
more about her yet.

My Friedrich Münzer's wife Anna Maria Spohn was born in Brosowo near Kulm in
Westpreussen (so she is your Martin's sister-in-law). There was an
Appenzeller family in that village as well. I assume that they were your
Rosine Appenzeller's relatives, perhaps even her parents. Brosowo was also a
"Schwabenkolonie", so they certainly also came from SW Germany (probably
about 1780-90).

Hope this helps
Michael Stockhausen