[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Polish records

Nelson Itterman colnels at telus.net
Mon Jun 22 22:16:49 PDT 2009

Hello Robin:
I assume you have looked through the Odessa 3 Search in all Data Categories.
With the marriage having taken place in Kiev, he may have come from
Volhynia. (Polish Volhynia) There is a suggestion that the name could vary
between Haak - Hack-Hauk-Heck. There are also a lot of Haak's in the Emmons
County, N.D. Cemeteries. Have you tried to contact any Haak's that are
living in that area. Citizen Applications of your grandfather.
Another area of search would be the US death index. I"m just checking if you
have done any research of other Haak's in the US. It is an odd name which is
good for a search, similar in oddness like my own last name.
I wish you luck and good hunting.
Nelson Itterman