[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] 1827 Marriage found from Skoszewy

Gerald Klatt gerald.klatt at shaw.ca
Wed May 21 11:45:53 PDT 2014

Hello Mauricio,

As you probably realise, this churchbook marriage entry is written in Polish, and of a Napoleonic form.

With the help of Jack Bowman's translation aids (available on the SGGEE website) I'm going to rise to this translation challenge.

I'll spare you the full Napoleonic long form in favour of the short form and attempt to provide the pertinent details. There are some names I can't quite make out but, hopefully, other readers will chime in on any missed or incorrect translations.

At any rate... (and without guarantee) below is my effort to get things started.

Regards,

Gerald

17.
Głogowiec

It came to pass in the village of Skoszewack(?)
on 14 November 1827 at one o'clock in the afternoon in the presence of witnesses:
Bogumila (=Gottlieb) Sternack (or Hernack?), [occupation=?], age forty-two residing in colony Głogowiec,
and
Jana(=Johann) Szuka?, (occupation=) smith, residing in colony Głogowiec, age twenty-four.

Accomplished on this day was a religious marriage between Janem(=Johann) Nerimbergem (=Nerimberg), bachelor residing colony Głogowiec and born to Josefa?(=Josef) and wife Kxxsz(ow), a married couple named Nerimberg(ow); age, twenty-eight.

and

maiden Anna Reicz(?)
born to Macieja(=Matthias) and Elibity(=Elisabeth), a married couple named Schindler(ow)
of colony Głogowiec residing; age, twenty-three; in colony Slowik(?) born and ....???

...marriage preceeded by three announcements (banns) on days:
twenty-eight October; fourth and eleventh November in the current year in parish Skoszewskiej

....permission for marriage given parents of newlywed bride ..... and newlywed groom....

This entry read to the witnesses (likely could not read or write) and signed by:
Anteni Kraszenski, Pastor parish Skoszewskiej