[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] MANTEI Family in Manitoba

gpvjem at sasktel.net gpvjem at sasktel.net
Mon Oct 5 15:10:48 PDT 2015

   Examination of some of the Friedensthal Zion Lutheran church records in Manitoba indicates that at the confirmation of Helena on 2 April 1907 her birthdate was given as the 7th or 9th of June 1893 at Niverville Manitoba. The exact date of her birth is somewhat difficult to read in the church record book.  It was custom for young members of the church to be confirmed at close to, or at 14 years of age.

John Marsch

      I also have Helene and Daniel in my distance family tree
Helene was not born in Russia but rather
LAST NAME: STREICH
FIRST NAME: HELENA
DATE OF BIRTH: 09/06/1894
PLACE OF BIRTH: R.M. OF HANOVER
according to the Manitoba vital stats

http://vitalstats.gov.mb.ca/ListView.php

I have no children listed for this couple.