[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Records for East Prussia

Christine Dowd dowd at mac.com
Thu Feb 25 12:30:57 PST 2016

Hello,

My grandfather was Piotr Medyn/Meding/Medyng/Medynk was from Lachowo and Grabowo in Kolno area. What I just discovered is that family lore was correct, and they were originally from East Prussia. The Evangelical Augsberg records from Łomża state they came from Rakowo, Jansburg, and Zdórach  (which I think is is Sdorren on the Kartenmeister Johannesburg map).

I do not see that there are LDS records, unless I am looking incorrectly. Where would I find records for this area of East Prussia?

Any help is appreciated.
Christine Medyn Dowd