[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ludwigshafen

Greg Mason gwmason at erols.com
Sat Dec 8 07:56:25 PST 2001

My wife's grandfather came to the U.S. in 1906, last known residence in
Germany/Poland (from other documents) was in the vicinity of Nieszawa,
Poland.  (On the Vistula River, between Torun and Wloclawek.)  On the ship's
manifest, he is listed as having his last residence in Ludwigshafen, ( NFI).
The only Ludwigshafens I have been able to find are by the Bodensee in
southern Germany and along the Rhine Rive near Mannheim in west  central
Germany.  There is no other evidence that this man ever ventured beyond the
Nieszawa region until he came to the U.S.

Do any of our subscribers know of a location in Poland (probably along the
north sea or perhaps along the Vistula River) that may have been named
Ludwigshafen around 1906?  Or any other location for that matter.
Thanks for your help, Greg Mason