[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ancestors' Land, Landgrants, etc.

Jennifer K. Walker jkwalker1968 at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 10 21:50:42 PST 2001

I have just found this list, and am rather a novice of this area.

In trying to trace information on my family, I am curious if there are
any records that exist that would document land grants, ownership, etc.,
specifically of farms in Volhynia, specifically in Tuczyn and Berezolupy
Luck.

My great-grandparents immigrated to the U.S., specifically Michigan, in
1908 from Volhynia, while my grandfather was an infant.  My grandfather
and his older brother both passed away in the past year and I've never
known their parents, so I've had relatively no one to ask for help.

In my searches, I've found that my great-grandparents were both born in
Tuczyn Rowne, and I'm fairly certain that they were living there up to
the time that they immigrated to the US.  One set of their parents died
in Kartschemka, Russia, around 1921, and the other set were born around
1846-1853 in Berezolupy Luck, Volhynia. The surnames I am looking for in
particular are:  Schlender, Zindler, Naderschanske, Kraft, Steinke,
Heidemann, Klemke, Schmit.

If you have any information that could be helpful in this search, I'd
welcome it.

Jennifer Walker
Schlender, Zindler, Naderschanske, Kraft, Steinke, Heidemann, Klemke, Schmit