[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] KRUGER - HUFF (Gulewo)

Irma Cooper irmanator at shaw.ca
Tue Dec 18 18:47:20 PST 2001

I am somewhat puzzled over a birthdate I show for Augustyne Kruger born in
Bycz - November 15, 1861.
The information I received from the SGGEE ged shows a birth date of December
9, 1861.  Would this be a baptism date?

Augustyne Kruger's first marriage was to 1st cousin Ludwig Kruger. He
immigrated to N.Y. alone 1895 and soon after died from a flue epidemic.
Augustyne Kruger then married  ??? Huff and lived in Gulewo. (Exact marriage
date and place unknown)Augustyne's daughter Johanna Kruger had an
illigitimate son Edmond Huff at a very young age
(abt 1904-1907) and Augustyne raised the child as her own.
How would the birth of Edmond be recorded in the church books?  As Kruger?
or Huff?  Would birth mother be recorded as Augustyne or Johanna?  What was
the common practice in recording illigitimate children?