[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Penno/Pinno/ Nörenberg

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Thu Dec 27 22:36:47 PST 2001

At 02:05 PM 27/12/2001 -0700, Southwest Dryland wrote:

>Whilst in Germany earlier this year I uncovered some documents about my
>grandfather Napoleon Penno from Kurhany Kr. Luck in Poland. I think that
>he did live near a town called Lublin. My dad, Tscheslaw Norenberg was
>born near Trotnowo Poland or Udssr.
>
>If anyone could give me some pointers as to the possible town locations
>etc,that would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Paul.  Welcome to the list.  I am sure that you will find contacts with
several people also researching your surnames.

Kurhany, Kreis Luck was only in Poland before the partitions at the end of
the 18th century and between the two WW.  Before WW I, it was part of
Volhynia, Russia.  Today it is northwestern Ukraine.  Kurhany is not near
Lublin but the migration pattern certainly could have taken him through
that part of Poland.

I could not find any Trotnowo in Volhynia.  There is Trutnowo in Poland,
north of Warsaw and former East Prussia and also Trutnowy not far from
Bydgoszc in former West Prussia.  One map shows Trutnowo as the spelling
for both locations.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
jkfrank at shaw.ca