[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] SCHULTZ

AlbertMuth at aol.com AlbertMuth at aol.com
Fri Nov 2 04:13:18 PST 2001

I believe the marriage of Samuel Schulz to Wilhelmine Stanke to be his second
or even third marriage.  If you have other siblings of Reinhold, this might
help to narrow the search a bit.

Gostynin records the birth of Samuel Schulz 9 June 1835 at Krzywie, son of
Christoph Schulz aged 23 and Anna Maria Bloch aged 33.  (FHL film #0729305).
I show a the first marriage for Samuel Schulz in Chodecz on 15 Jan 1854 to
Juliane Neumann (whose mother also happens to be a Schulz).  I entered this
marriage only a few months ago, and I have not swung back through the Chodecz
records lately to pick up any births.  I have not transcribed the Gostynin
birth records this late yet.

But when I get home this evening, I'll take a look at the Gostynin marriages
that I have transcribed (through 1870) and the copies that I still have to
process.

If the marriage does not turn up there, it is likely to have occurred in the
unfilmed records of Chodecz, which must be still in the Bydgoszcz archives.
LDS did not return there as often as elsewhere; it explains why the records
of so many parishes end in 1865 (Chodecz, Przedecz, Lipno etc).  Given 100
year privacy laws, this was as late as could be filmed at the time of filming.

al muth