[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] MEDYN/MEDYNKT

Christine Dowd dowd at mac.com
Fri Nov 2 13:25:51 PST 2001

Hello,

I am new to this list. My great great grandfather was Wilhelm MEDYN
(sometimes written MEDYNKT). His son, Jan Medyn was an estate manager at
Ciemianka, not far from Stawiski, Lomza, Poland.  Today there are no
Medyns in all of Poland, and the family story is that Wilhelm was a
Protestant German settler (the two generations that I can find in Poland
are baptized Catholic). Can anyone give me insight into German settlement
in old woj Lomza? Or on the name MEDYN/MEDYNKT? Is this name of German
origin?

Thank you.
Christine Dowd