[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: ARNDT

Dale Mattis dmattis at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 19 16:08:05 PST 2001

Sorry, I'm having a tough time finding connections with my Arndt's,
which must have been a pretty obscure bunch.  :-)

I don't have Karoline Arndt or Daniel Kramer in my research.

My great-great-grandparents were AUGUST ARNDT and HENRIETTE PAHL (I
believe Henriette's parents were FRIEDRICH PAHL and AUGUSTA KUHN).  I
don't know their birth dates or ages, but their first child was born in
1870 in Walwachowka, Volhynia according to the St. Petersburg
extractions, so they were likely born in the 1840's or early 1850's, and
married late in the 1860's.

I have only a few clues about where in Volhynia the family lived.
According to the St. Petersburg extractions, 2 of their children were
born in Walwachowka, Volhynia, 1 in Slabutkaj, Volhynia.  The emigration
form of one of their granddaughters from the 1920's listed her
birthplace as "Krassalufka, Russia", and her Russian passport shows
"Maximianovka-Rovno" on it.  I have not located these villages yet, and
these are my only clues concerning where the family is from in Volhynia.

Any links?  Thanks.  Dale Mattis