[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] FTM version 7

Robert Radke rradke at telus.net
Thu Nov 22 20:12:15 PST 2001

I have heard that a number of programs will not run unless they have "admin"
privileges on XP (i.e. they will not run in an "ordinary user" account)
Perhaps Family Tree Maker is one such?  There have been a number of folk
complaining about this, particularly for some game software.  It looks like a
deliberate ploy to "encourage" people to buy new versions of their software.

The problem lies in the installation script for the program requiring
certain "rights".  If this is the problem, there is nothing you can do about
it, except commit the security no-no of running the program in an
administrator account or get the new version that addresses the problem when
it comes out.

--Bob Radke