[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia]

greg swanson gps444 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 25 21:19:46 PST 2001

Dear fellow East European German Desendents-

  I've been on the list for a while and have been
waiting not wanting to ask too many newby stupid
questions. Well, the time has come.

1) Wat area exactly does Volhynia cover. After reading
all the web pages, etc, I still can't figure it out.
Looks like it's Russia or at least the area East of
Congress Poland.

2) Could someone recommend a good book on the German
settlement of Poland? My family tradition is that our
family (at least some) left Germany around 1800 to
avoid being conscripted into Napolean's army.

3) I went to the genealogy library. What few records I
could find were in Polish. It appears therefore that
the parish records were actually civil records.
Otherwise I would have expected the German chuches to
do their records in their native language.

4) People and places which I am searching:

   Tepper(Teper,Tepfer)in Feliksow, Turek, Pudlow
   Kujat  in Dombrofka, Turek, Josefow
   Kryger (Kruger) in ?
   Czernig (Sharnik) in ?, Turek
   Hering      in ?