[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: Ger-Poland-Volhynia digest, Vol 1 #47 - 1 msg

Jim & Muriel Gambrel jgambrel at mts.net
Thu Nov 29 18:37:40 PST 2001

Carol - I live in Manitoba, Canada, and some of the names you mention
are familiar to me.
These people also came from Volhynia - Feuerbach, Roehl, Dreger and
Krenz. They lived about 20-30 miles from where I grew up.

I am researching in (Old) East Prussia, and have seen these names in
some of the churchbook
films.  My family research is for Plohmann/Plomann, and I have found
some Gottschalk married to
"Plaumann" - Maria Elisabeth Gottschalk  married to Wilhelm Plaumann
in the 1840's in
Bartenstein, East Prussia, and Louisa Gottschalk married to Carl
Plaumann, same place and
dates.  Quite a few children in both cases.

Muriel Gambrel (nee Plohmann)
>Carol Gottschalk Burns
>burnstwo at aol.com
>
>Surnames:  Gottschalk, Em(m)er(t), Andert, Druger, Poltzien,
Schroeder,
>Bartel, Christmann, Shulz, Breymann, Fehlberg, Schmidt, Kip,
Trottnow, Hahn,
>Mittelstaedt, Muller, Redevich, Spitz, Wildemann, Kruger, Wolfert,
Klass,
>Bader, Kormann, Hartmann, Feuerbach, Schauerbaum, Falk, Sell, Roehl
>
>Villages in Volhynia (from approx. 1876):  Beresowo Hath, Sokolov,
Novin,
>Heimthal, Sergiewka, areas around Kreis Pulin, near Zhitomir.
Surnames from
>this area:  Gottschalk, Andert, Emmer, Dreger, Gertz, Kelm, Krenz,
Bethke,