[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ellis Island Manifests on line

Bill & Carol jonesy at escape.ca
Thu Oct 18 16:48:06 PDT 2001

Twelve days ago I ordered a two-page manifest from the Ellis Island
website @ $25 US a page.  It arrived today attached to a Canada Post
employee with a Canada Customs invoice for $15.94.  The ever-efficient
Customs department converted the $50 US to $78.10 Cdn, charged $5.47 GST
and $5.47 PST, and a $5 handling fee.  All those hardworking volunteers
who indexed the Ellis Island passenger lists should be impressed our
goverment is getting a piece of the action.

Got that off my chest!  Thanks to all the good SGGEE folks for providing
this forum.

Carol Jones