[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Radke connection?

Richard Benert benovich at montanadsl.net
Fri Oct 19 12:39:34 PDT 2001

Robert,

Some years ago I wrote an article on German Baptists from Volhynia who
settled in St. Paul, MN.  I discovered that a Marie Radke had married Karl
Hintz in the Baptist church in Neudorf about 1890.  She was a daughter of
Karl and Amelia (Buchman) Radke, who had come to Volhynia from Koenigsberg.
Some of Marie's siblings were August, Karl, and perhaps a Heinrich (my
source was unsure).  After a short stay in Tennessee, Marie and Karl moved
to Fessenden, ND.  Connections were made with the Baptist church in St.
Paul, and 2 or 3 of their daughters married into families in that city.
Does any of this sound like these Radkes might be some of yours?

Dick