[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Franzdorf village in Volhynia, families Krentz and Kelm

Robert Radke rradke at telus.net
Fri Oct 19 15:10:29 PDT 2001

To all who have been helping solve the Franzdorf mystery, thanks.

I'm not sure whether the plot just thickened or thinned with Dick's new
information!  On the strictly circumstantial evidence of where my other
relatives lived, the "north of Wolodarsk" hypothesis is credible:  my Radke
and Drefs folk were from Josephine north of Wolodarsk, and the Krentz folk,
who were Moravian Brethren, might plausibly have located near the Moravian
communities in Schaduri and Raditsch.  On the other hand, there is a quite
considerable concentration of Krentz folk to whom I have no documented
connection around Berezowo Hat not far from Adamowka...

Might there have been 2 Franzdorfs?

--Bob Radke