[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Szklaney Bozynskiey

Robert Radke rradke at telus.net
Sun Oct 21 20:25:17 PDT 2001

It is unfortunate that we don't have just a few more words of context here.
The correct Polish for "at village" would be "we wsi".  Another possibility
might be that "Ucu" is an abbreviation of "ulica= street", though as with "w
wsi" the form of the word seems to be a bit off, and ought to end in "e" and
not "u"  when used with "w= in" if this indeed  is the word. The name
"Szklanej Bozynskiej" is no help, in that it has the correct endings for both
these hypotheses, and doesn't differentiate them.  Would this place be of a
size to have named streets?

Like Jerry, I am stumped by "Bozynskiej".  I have most of the standard Polish
dictionaries, and this is not in them.

Pana Filicyana Wizner = "of Mr. Filicjan  Wizner".

majster mieszkalny = the occupation of Pan Wizner, perhaps a master
residential builder or something along those lines? (majstra mieszkalnego =
"of [this occupation]" The word form matches "Pana" = of Mr. )

Hopefully it will all be clear when Jerry sees the record, but I hope
something here is of use.  Good luck.

--Bob Radke