[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Betch family

Diane Smith Diane_Smith at beavton.k12.or.us
Tue Oct 23 09:32:43 PDT 2001

I am trying to find out where my German Grandmother actually came from. I
have her passport from 1913. She said she came from a village called
Joncoy in Besserabia. I have asked Mike Miller and he can not find any
village by this name. The family name was Betch or Betsch, or Batsch.  She
said they changed the spelling of their name because it sounded like
Bitch. Do you have anyway of knowing where this family came from? They
settled in Alberta Canada.  They were Lutheran. Fathers name was Johann,
mother Katrina, children were, Johann, Rosa, Emma, Magdelena, Jacob.
diane Smith