[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Prairie Rose Country- Canada

Van vandel at ix.netcom.com
Tue Oct 23 21:39:41 PDT 2001

Jerry:

I have a book covering 75 years of settlement of the Prairie Rose region of
Canada in which there is often reference to people with Germanic names who
came from Poland to homestead the prairie lands. It is a collection of
fascinating stories describing the pioneer life citing their successes,
hardships and failures.

While I am not familiar with the exact location of this region in Canada, I
do know it encompasses "Richdale, Stanmore and Scotfield, north through the
Spondin area to the South Coronation district" covering the period of time
from 1906 to 1981.

If anyone has family ties to that region, I would be most happy to share the
book's information with them.

L. Vande Bruggen
Tracyton, WA