[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Szklaney Bozynskiey

Jan Textor textor at post8.tele.dk
Wed Oct 24 01:13:12 PDT 2001

"Szklaney Bozynskiey" (oldfashioned spelling) is the genitive form of
"Szklana Bozynska". I could not find a village of that name either. However,
some 26 km ESE of Uniejow there is a village called Bardzynska Huta or Huta
Bardzynska. It was established in 1809 as a German colony by the Polish
landowner from Bardzimin, Sokolowski. As you may know, the Polish word
"huta" means smelting works, ironworks, steelworks, and "huta szkla" means
glassworks. This may all seem a bit far-fetched, but I think that your Felix
Wiesner could in fact have come from Huta Bardzynska.

Jan Textor, Denmark

> At 04:08 PM 21/10/2001 -0600, Karl Lenz wrote:
> >In the 1820 Uniejow (located south of Dabie) Civil Records, a witness at
the
> >baptism of my gr gr grandfather was identified as follows:
> >
> >Pana Filicyana Wizner age 24 w Ucu Szklaney Bozynskiey Maystra
Mieszkalnego