[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] After 1885

Jerry Frank jkfrank at home.com
Tue Oct 30 08:08:58 PST 2001

At 08:51 PM 29/10/2001 -0800, KEN SCHULTZ wrote:
>I know that B.M.D.'s for Volhynia for the period from about 1835 to 1885
>can be found at the St.Pete site.  How do I find information about
>B.M.D.'s after 1885 and before 1910?

Those records do exist in the St. Petersburg Archives, mostly in Russian
Cyrillic script, not German.  As far as we know, there are no current plans
to microfilm them but that could change at any time.  The only way to
access them is to write directly to the Archive for information.  I
understand that their charge for research is very high and to date I have
not heard of any success stories in getting info from that Archive.

If anyone has such a success story with the St. Pete Archive in particular,
please post it to this list.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
jkfrank at home.com