[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Skaley from Alexandrowo

uebing uebing at cox.net
Thu Apr 25 18:24:06 PDT 2002

I have just joined this list after finding my great grandfather Ludwig SKALEY
in the Hamburg emigration lists leaving Hamburg on the Gellert in August of
1890.  His place of residence is listed as ALEXANDROWO and state of origin is
Russland.  In records I've found here in the US, the family always put Poland
or Poland/Russia or Russia Poland as their birthplace.  After years of
searching, I finally have the name of a town to work with.

Using the ShtetlSeeker, I find several ALEKSANDROWOs in Poland and even more
ALEKSANDROWs.  Can anyone suggest which one a Lutheran carpenter might have
come from or which ones were in Russia Poland at that time?  Also, the only
LDS records I found from any of the towns are from the Aleksandrowo near Lodz.
I'm going to order those films.  Any suggestions on where to look for other
records?

Marian

These are my surnames related to this area:
SKALEY, BOETTCHER, BRAUN, TRION, WEGNER, DICKHOFF