[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] searching

Marlo Marlo at nwonline.net
Fri Apr 26 05:54:46 PDT 2002

I am new to this group and perhaps it is the wrong one to ask.  I hope
someone can help me.
My husbands grandparents were married somewhere in Pommern. The first
I have of them is their marriage listed in records of Lubben Kreis
Rummelsburg.  Other villages listed were Wolschewitz, Neu Kolziglow
all in Rummelsburg.  Some time between birth of Robert in 1878 and
Bertha in 1882 they emmigrated to Volhynia.  The village we found was
Alt Dubisoke (we think).   With the help of Library of Congress they
determined there was a village Alt Dubiszcze in Volhynia slightly
north
east of Rozyszcze.
I want to know if this was in Russian Volhynia or Polish Volhynia?
They emmigrated to USA in 1888.  Bertha was my mother-in-law and the
only thing she ever said was they left and came to America because
they would have been killed if they had stayed.
Is there anyway to know if there were pogroms there in the 1880's?
If you can't help me do you know of any place I can find the
information.
It is not vital but would be so nice to know.  We watched the movie
"Fiddler on the Roof" recently and in the end when they left because
of a pogrom made us wonder if this is what our ancestors lived thro?
Sorry to be so long.  Thank you.
Marlo