[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] scheibler/lutsk

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Fri Aug 2 09:27:42 PDT 2002

At 12:14 PM 01/08/2002 -0400, scheibler wrote:
>My family originated in Lutsk; then moved to Dombie(Borki) before moving
>to eastern parts of Russia(nowUkraine). Are there ways of finding family
>listings?
>Ed.Scheibler

The availability of the information you seek depends on the time
frame.  Information for 1885 and earlier is available on the SGGEE website,
Item 1, on the page http://sggee.org/Databases.html

When you use that search engine, try a precise spelling first to see if you
get any hits.  Because of spelling variations or possible transliteration
errors, you should also try searches using as few letters at the start of
the surname as possible.  For example in your case, the extractor may have
missed the "r" at the end of your name.  You would find that problem if you
searched only for names beginning with "Schei. . . ".

Information after that time period is only available through local archives
and the main archive in Warsaw, Poland.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
jkfrank at shaw.ca