[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] surname Krueger

Dale Mattis dmattis at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 4 07:13:40 PDT 2002

A few weeks ago, you sent a message that included the information below
about a Krueger database, from areas near where I believe some of my
ancestors originated.

The KRUEGER names I have in my research are siblings, all of whom
emigrated to the US around 1900-1910:
WILHELMINE KRUEGER (b:10/24/1872), married to WILLIAM/WILHELM MATHIS (b:
2/1873) in Volhynia before emigrating to the US in the 1890's;
SUSANNA KRUEGER (b: 1882), married to GOTTLIEB MAJESKE (b: 1878), I
believe around 1890 in Lublin;
ED KRUEGER (b: unknown); and
FRED (FRIEDRICH?) KRUEGER (b: unknown).

My connection to KRUEGER is through William Mathis, son of HEINRICH
MATTIS and LOUISA ERBE, my g-g-grandparents.  The surnames of my
ancestors in this branch are:

MATTIS/MATHEWS/MATHEAS, in the Kolo, Poznan, Poland area in the
1840's,50's, and 60's, in the Mossijewka, Volhynia area in the 1880's
and 90's, in the Clearfield County, PA, USA area in the 1900's, then in
Bay and Midland Counties, Michigan, USA.

ERBER/ERBE, in the Kolo, Poznan, Poland area in
the 1840's,50's, and 60's.  LUISE ERBER (b: Sept. 8, 1848 in Kolo,
married Johann Heinrich Mattis May 5, 1869 in Dabie, Kolo) in the
Mossijewka, Volhynia area in the 1880's and 90's.

NIKOLAI, I believe from near Lodz, Poland in the mid-1800's, in the
Mossijewka, Volhynia area in the 1880's and 1890's.  Some remained
there, and their descendants returned to Germany before WWII.  Others in
the Clearfield County, PA, USA area in the 1900's, then in Bay and
Midland Counties, Michigan, USA.

GRIEB/GRIEP - I have very little on my G-G-Grandmother JUSTINE GRIEB,
supposedly born in the Lodz, Poland area, married to GOTTFRIED NIKOLAI
June 8, 1875 in Zhitomir Parish, Volhynia.

I would appreciate it if you would check and see if any of these
ancestors appear in the data you mentioned.  Thank you.

Dale Mattis, researching Mattis/Mathes/Mathis/Matheas,
Nikolai/Nicolai, Mieske/Miske/Mueske, Arndt, Pahl, Erbe, Haag/Haak,
Krueger, Majeske