[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Reschke/Betcher

JDool90830 at aol.com JDool90830 at aol.com
Sat Aug 24 13:17:40 PDT 2002

Hello Rose,

Thanks so much for answering.  According to what you are saying, that must be
the place.  I don't know how a German would pronounce Koniecpol, I don't know
how to pronounce it.  But this must be right.

My grandfather, Adam Betcher was the son of Wilhelm Betcher and his mother's
maiden name was Amelia Bielow!!  Guess you got that from the website.

It just all boggles my mind!  I have no idea what I am doing, but I never,
ever thought anyone would find the farmland where they lived.  It just amazed
my mother, too.

I bought a map book of Poland, but gave it to my mother and each time we see
each other, both of us for get to get it.  I was able to look on an online
map and find Koniecpol.

The gentleman who took these photos doesn't seem to be online any more.  The
church where my grandmother was confirmed is in Sierpc.  A lady in California
has family in Sierpc and says that it seems her cousin was in my
grandmother's confirmation class. I guess they went to church in Godzy and
then for big events, went to Sierpc.  The church is now a Catholic Church and
she sent me a photo postcard of it in an email.  I was going to do a sketch
of it, but it isn't clear enough for me to see it.  I actually should add it
to my site.  But, it is a small small world, now - especially with the
internet.

My mother said that someone ine the Betcher family did a family tree type
thing many years ago.  Of course, they are all gone now, but if they could
trace the family, perhaps I can too.  I just don't know where to start with
his stuff.

Well, thank you so much for emailing!!  Janice  I think I will join the
SGGEE!

> Jan;
>
> Glad you peeked in.  I would say Koniecpol is the spelling you want.
>
> The Shtetlseeker locates only two Koniecpol towns or villages - one about
> 100
> miles SSW of Kielce and the other SSE of Kielce City.
>
> In my personal research I have found a village by the same name mentioned
> in
> the Gostynin parish records.  Gostynin is 20 miles SW of Plock city, and
> Koniecpol is between these two towns.  Looking deeper into my records I see
> the Betcher/Boettcher name and also the Bielow/Bulow name in Gostynin
> parish
> indexes.   This may be the area you are looking for.

J   Jan

J   Jan