[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] perplexed as to places of birth

Gail Wilson GWilson19 at compuserve.com
Tue Aug 27 15:56:56 PDT 2002

Hi all,

  Hoping someone on the list will be able to help.  I am researching my
family that was from Russia controlled Poland.  I am perplexed as to their
listed places of birth.  I know that this did not always mean the exact
place, but sometimes a general area.  Does it seem possible that the family
moved around this much?  The places of birth are listed on their
Declaration of Intent.

Wilhelm  born 1871  Kalisz, Poland

Michael   born 1874  Warsaw   last residence listed on ship manifest
Zdrananska  (help needed locating this place)

Gustav  born 1882   Kola, (possibly Kolo) Kalish, Poland

Emil  born 1885  Mieczyslawow

Thanks,

Gail