[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] [Ger-Poland-Volhynia]- Buchholz from Trezemcha dolna Prussia

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Wed Aug 28 21:41:29 PDT 2002

At 09:48 PM 28/08/2002 -0600, Warren Buchholz wrote:
>Hello:
>I hope some one might have some information on the town or settlement
>called {Trezemcha dolna }i found it on the maps at sggee under Russian
>Poland webmapc.
>Was this place a Russian German settlement and if so what year was it
>first started,or is this place still their today .

The places on my maps are villages known to have had German settlers in
them.  There is no way to distinguish if the numbers were predominant
enough to classify it as a German settlement.

I have no record of when Germans first settled there.  The village still
appears on modern road maps.

>My grt grandfather Johan Buchholz born July 24 1856 was said or thought to
>have been born at or near Radom Poland , now i have discovered that his
>brother Martin Buchholz born abt 1867 who went thru Ellis Island in 1907
>put on the ships manifest that he was born in Trzemchadolna .
>Would not the town of Ilza or Lipsko be the closest major center rather
>then Radom?

There are 3 reasons why Johann may have used Radom as a reference in
reporting his residence.
- He lived in a village that was closer than his brother.
- He was referring to the province of Radom rather than the city.
- He was referring to the Lutheran parish of Radom rather than the city.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
jkfrank at shaw.ca