[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Gerhard NIEMEYER Ostenberg Ger. 1800+/-

Reiner Kerp mail at reiner-kerp.de
Fri Aug 30 13:56:47 PDT 2002

Hello Linda,
from other descendents of german emigrants I heard, that the
naturalization documents (DOI?) most probably show the correct place
of birth.
A place OSTENBERG is not to be found in my very detailed atlas of
Germany. Perhaps ALTASTENBERG -> Old- Astenberg (Germany, Preu_en,
Westfalen, Altastenberg) could be ment (( Katholische Kirche
Altastenberg (Kr. Brilon) Kirchenbuch, 1785-1874 FHL INTL Film
1257858)). This village is very close to the highest hill "Kahler
Asten" in the Sauerland-Region, ESE of the Ruhrgebiet (with
Duesseldorf, Dortmund and so on) towards Kassel. Germany, Preu_en,
Westfalen, NEUASTENBERG - Church records start at 1810.

regards,

Reiner