[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Gerhard NIEMEYER Ostenberg Ger. 1800+/-

Reiner Kerp mail at reiner-kerp.de
Sat Aug 31 03:42:15 PDT 2002

> "Ostenberg, Germany, state Schleswig-Holstein, postal code 24989"

I found this place close to Dollerup (E Flensburg) now. It is on the
map, but not in the index.

> My grandmother born in Ohio always used to say to me when she was
> playful, "You're dutch."

If she would have said "You're danish", everything would fit even
better.
Around 1800+/- nearly all Germans spoke a dialect, but I don4t know if
at Altastenberg this was low dutch.
After all, I guess Guido Schulz is closest and "Ostenberg, Germany,
state Schleswig-Holstein, postal code 24989" fits best. The nearest
church was: Evangelische Kirche Grundhof (Kr. Flensburg)
Taufen, Heiraten, Tote 1721-1757 (r. & l. S.)  FHL INTL Film
1198966 Item 2
Taufen, Heiraten, Tote 1758-1763 (r. & l. S.)  FHL INTL Film
1475491

regards,

Reiner