[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Phone Directory for Poland

Jan Textor textor at oncable.dk
Mon Dec 9 05:06:49 PST 2002

Carolyn Schaefer wrote:
> Does anyone have access to a Phone/Address Directory for Poland?  Is there
such a thing?  We are trying to find the relatives that did not emigrate to
the U.S.  Lost contact with them in the 1960's.  I'm looking for GOLEC's,
last known to have lived in the Zamosc area.

Carolyn,
You can find the Polish phone directory at this address:
http://tel.portal.pl/
White pages are "klienci indywidualni" and yellow pages are "firmy i
instytucje". The fields that must be filled in on the page "klienci
indywidualni" are "nazwisko" (surname) and "miejscowosc" (town). The other
fields are "imie" (first name), "ul" (street) and wojewodztwo (province).
Capital letters may be used, but are not required. Please note that you will
have to know the exact town name, and that you must use the special Polish
characters, if they appear in the names.

I looked for the surname Golec in the town of Zamosc (the "s" and the "c"
must be written with the slanted diacritical mark over the letter), and
found one person only. Hopefully she is a relative of yours

Elzbieta Golec
ul. Peowiaksw
Zamosc,
woj. lubelskie