[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: ODESSA DIGITAL LIBRARY-VOLHYNIA DECADE FILES

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Thu Dec 12 21:00:03 PST 2002

The Kiew parish records were never extracted!  That is why these pages were
never done!  You won't find any of those pages in the online
records.  There are many other parishes within the St. Pete microfilms that
are not online.

I couple of us have been working on the Podolia records which we hope to
have completed in the spring.  After that we will begin extracting the Kiew
records.

At 08:34 PM 12/12/2002 -0700, Nelson wrote:
>You will recall that I had made a discovery to find that my uncle Robert
>Ittermann was on the St.Petersburg Film but not on the Digital Library.
>Spent a few hours at the Family History Centre in Edmonton today.
>The 1883 film # 1895614/3 Page 356 Item 51 is where the entry for Robert
>is made. Verzeichniss der Gebrorenen und Getauften in der Gemeinde KIEW
>fur der jahr 1883. I also made copies of pages 355 and 354 and it appears
>that all the entries on those pages are also not on the Digital Library.
>I have made a further discovery. The 1872 Film #1884114/1 Page 423 Item 80
>shows a listing for my uncle August Ittermann. This entry also does not
>show on the Digital Library. It also appear the others iitems on the page
>are not on the Digital Library.
>These entries are also from the Gemeinde  KIEW.
>John Marsch has asked me to forward copies of these pages to him so that
>he can continue to further his investigation.
>Let me reiterate that I am not making these discoveries known for any
>other purpose than telling researchers to go the Family History Centers to
>search for those missing ancestors on the original films. The may well be
>there.
>For those doing research in the Edmonton area, I'm told that all the St.
>Petersburg Films are available there.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
jkfrank at shaw.ca