[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] a footnote on Christian Haupt

AlbertMuth at aol.com AlbertMuth at aol.com
Sat Dec 14 11:21:26 PST 2002

I thought for sure I had the Haupt-Kinas marriage that
has been talked about recently here, but the data doesn't
match up.

There is a marriage on Zagorow film #0127739, year 1865,
#12 for Christian Haupt, age 22, born Lazinska (on 17 June
1843), son of Christian and Wilhelmine (Wuestenhagen) Haupt
Karoline Kinast, age 23, born Lazinska (on 18 July 1841),
daughter of Georg and Karoline (Stark)Kinast.

I am sharing this as as an example of how families tend
to marry into the same families.  In some areas, there
are only a few surnames, the disgustingly usual handful
of given names, with EVERY imaginable combination of
these as kids from successive generations of one
family married into those of their nearest neighbors.