[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Zagorow records update

Nelson colnels at shaw.ca
Sat Dec 14 19:22:54 PST 2002

Hello Al:
Do you know if the Civil Records for all the Parishes in Volhynia would be
available in the Public Records offices where the people were born? For
example: If my Gr.Grandfather was born in the Radomyschl area in 1832 that
civil records may be available in Radomyschl or Kiew?
I know my civil birth records, where my birth was registered in Wolodarsk,
were obtained by my father in April 1926 in preparation for the move to
Canada. If my fathers birth was also registered there in 1895 do you think
it's possible that I might be able to obtain it from the Vital Statistics
Books in the district of Wolodarsk?   You see, my grandfather whose birth
was registered in the Lutheran Church had become a Baptist, his later
children's birth would not be registered in the Lutheran Church. All the
Baptist Records seem to have taken a walk in Volhynia, so this may be  the
only way to get these documents. I knoowo this is a hypothetical question
Al, but give your best educated shot.
Nelson--