[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Nickel from Ivanovich

Steve & Adelheid Bender asbender at telus.net
Thu Feb 14 20:16:38 PST 2002

I am new to this list and hope not breaking any protocal.

I am researching my father's family as well as my mothers (Poland).

Father: Friedrich Nickel born June 10, 1921 in Ivanovich

his father was Herman Nickel born 1882 in Ivanovch and married to Tabea
Schmidt born 1888 both died in USSR
   they had the following children
    Lydia, Natalia, Assaf, Friedrich, Josef and Erhart (all children but
Friedrich, my father who is still alive in Canada are in former Soviet Union)

All I know about Herman's father is that his name was Heinrich and believed to
have been born in East Prussia. Don't know the name of his wife other than
Bertha.

Just beginning my quest.

Adelheid Bender
Revelstoke, British Columbia