[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Village Name

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Sat Feb 16 09:14:05 PST 2002

Richard is right on with his info about Bolarka.

Podwysocka / Podwysockie (also known in German as Hohenberg) is located
about 24 km WSW of Dubno (or 68 km SW of Rowno)

There is another Bolarka in the region of Podwysockie,  to the SE.   It
appears on the Kurt Luck map with the Balarka spelling.  On the Luck map,
as well as a topographical map I have, one can see the village of
Zabokrzykie Dolina (Balarka) in precisely that form.  It is located about 3
km NW of Podwysockie.

The question remains:   is Balarka an alternate name for either Zabokrzykie
Dolina or Podwysockie OR is it the name of another nearby village that no
longer exists?  I have not been able to locate a separate village with that
name.