[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Town Names and EWZ

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 26 06:56:12 PST 2002

At 10:12 PM 25/02/2002 -0700, Ancestors wrote:
>In looking through some EWZ information, I came across two town names that I
>did not recognize. They are Tscheremoschnja and the other is Baraschowka. Does
>anyone know of these two villages?

Both villages are on my map of Volhynia and are close to the highway
between Zhitomir and Nowograd Wolynski.  They appear as follows:

Tschermoschna - about 20 km WNW of Zhitomir

Beresowka - about 16 km in the same direction

Hopefully someone else can help with your EWZ question as I have no
experience with that.

>Secondly, it appears there is a woman in the EWZ film that I saw,  that could
>be a distant relative. To where would I write to enquire if she is in Germany
>at this time, in order to make contact.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
jkfrank at shaw.ca