[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Town Names and EWZ

Irene Kopetzke kopetzke at uni.de
Thu Feb 28 15:50:12 PST 2002

Ancestors <ancestors at telusplanet.net> wrote:

> Secondly, it appears there is a woman in the EWZ film that I saw,
> that could be a distant relative. To where would I write to enquire
> if she is in Germany at this time, in order to make contact.

If she is still alive and didn't change her name you might find her at
the online German telephone book http://www.teleauskunft.de/. Click
in the upper left corner for the English version.

Next would be the German Red Cross. This service is free. They will
send you a special form for your request, but you may also simply
write down as much as you know about that woman.

Deutsches Rotes Kreuz
Suchdienst Hamburg
Familienzusammenf|hrung
Amandastr. 72-74
20357 Hamburg
GERMANY
Tel: +49 (40) 432020
Fax: +49 (40) 43202200
mailto:DRK-Suchdienst-Hamburg at drk-sdhh.de
http://drk.de/suchdienst/index.html

You may also want to try the Heimatortskartei Stuttgart. (very slow)

HOK (Heimatortskartei)
Kirchlicher Suchdienst
Rosenbergstra_e 50
70176 Stuttgart 1